Day 12:Spokane: Field Day

 Things i did not know about Spokane: 

-There are no salmon left here: I would absolutely be deavastated if we(yakama) had no salmon, and we are getting close to that, unfortunatley. 

-The mine here was used during the wartime and it was mining Uranium. The mine is currently closed, but there is restoration going on in a closed area for replanting trees

Restoration: We did fieldwork in an area where the creek was forced to be straight and unnatural, and now it is being restored to provide back to what it once was. We did water survey of trees, watered them, in a restoration project. 

In the afternoon, we scaled a wall. Okay, no it wasnt a wall, but it was a incline down a hill to get to the creek that was surveyed every five meters and it was hard to get down to, to do. I am a History major, it was not my "thing". I did go back halfway, but only because that hill. Haha. It was, interesting. I did enjoy the day though, tiring, it was still fun. Tomorrow, is home. Pack up time and home. I've had a great time with finding out what I can accomplish and turns out, its a lot. I did get offered a possibility of a job at one point so that felt good.(in pendleton.at the museum.)

This experience has been beneficial. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Leaving Harris Park onto Spokane: Moving on the way out

Day 8: Library: Bend pit-stop