Day 8: Library: Bend pit-stop

 Im sore. Im not necessarily tired, just feel like a horse being broken in. Sore mucles, lots of needed stretching. Haha. Ive been stagnant personally since starting school. I left a job full time to pursue what ive always wanted, to get a degree. Im a history major and i have my Native American studies minor, (thank you atwaii Dr.Sol), ((and Blake, of course)) 

Im going to pursue something great. Im almost done and now, what next. Im really reflecting, being out here off grid, its been a long time since i didn't have to make dinner, plan, cook, clean up, im a mother, i love my kids. But as a woman in this day and time: ITS MENTALLY STRAINING. I am married, but having this class, i can self reflect. I am me, myself, and I , for two weeks, and I havent been like this since 2010. 

From the time a woman goes to bed, to her waking up, she has to manage everything. Think about it. She has to get dressed, clean herself up, get ready, then, be up enough early before the kids, get the dressed, fed, and to the bus, or, plan the day with activities for them for summer, plan food, snacks, and ect, clean up regularly, and manage everything else. 

ive gotten this rare chance to relax, just a bit, to reflect for myself. Off grid, no service, im really looking at myself and what I am going to do next. Granted, this is unexpected, but nessesary. It s been a blast do far with the group of students. Its fun to joke around. New friends are always good when they arent sensitive. So far so good. im sure we'll strike nerves somewhere eventually. I mean, we are camping. something will give,haha. anyway, its early. onto the next camp. 

I called my family this morning. It was tear city. Then, after the tears, it was talking, then, my kids said, see you later mom, and they were fixed as I was. Haha. The sadness was done real quick. I just updated them on how i was doing, what I've been working on, and my sunburns. it was good to talk to my family. Of course im checking up on my hubs to make sure hes doing ok. We havent been separate from eachother in 14 years. Only when i was working, on trainings. several years ago. so yes, i missed him! He's my best friend and has been so supportive in my education. It gets hard of course,sometimes, but we can manage. Hes been doing great!! He has a full time job, figured out the babysitting fro our young kids, and even a change in his schedule from grave to days, and he's still doing it! Im so proud of him! And myself. The first thing he asked was, an i ready to be picked up? I said no, i just wanted to get my emotions out. Then, we were ok. Its NOT EASY DOING THIS! But, i needed this class to fulfill my credits. And it was over summer, when i could. 

I had an inverview before, at the beginning of june. I let them know i was going on this class, off grid. I was hired, so I'll have a job after this too. Im using this class to get in shape for work as well, to compliment each other, I havent had a real job since summe rof 2019, when I left to pursue school full time. I took some semesters off, pandemic times. It hasn't been easy, but i hope to continue my schooling with schedule permitting. I've worked too hard. Next stop, new camp site! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11: Leaving Harris Park onto Spokane: Moving on the way out

Day 12:Spokane: Field Day